Note: All images belong to respective crafters & stores. For crafters/sellers: If you are unhappy with our use of your images, we will immediately remove the image and link at your request--either email us at shesabetty AT gmail DOT com or leave a comment below. Thank you!
UPDATE: CRAFT Blog just linked to West Coast Crafty's DIY roundup. It is awesome!
This is my favorite post from the Holiday Gift Guide. Handmade gifts are great, and can be just as good, if not better, than store bought ones. What's more, they tend to be less expensive (for those with more time than money), and much more personal.
For this post, I collected ideas from Whip Up, CRAFT Blog, Cut Out + Keep, Martha Stewart, Craftster, and others. I organized 32 favorites into 6 categories, and chose one image from each. As you can see, one image & two links are forthcoming--we'll post how-tos for the Chocolate Truffles and Spiced Nuts this weekend (fingers crossed).
- A: Jewelry & Accessories: Guitar Pick Earrings; Geisha Flower Hair Clips; Silhouette Bags; Silhouette Necklaces (pictured), Cascading Crystal Earrings, Tree Branch Earrings.
- B: Clothing: Rolled Brim Boyfriend Hat; Felt Baby Shoes; Fleece Hats; Tech Socks (pictured).
- C: Beauty Products: Coffee Cinnamon Bath Salts; Cold Process Soap (pictured); Candles (also Tea Cup Candles); Lip Balm (1, 2, 3, 4).
- D: Prepared Food: Canned Fruits (try packaging them like this); Chocolate Truffles (coming soon) UPDATE: We found these expert truffle recipes; Spiced Nuts (coming soon); Scented Sugar; Exotic Cupcakes; Hot Cocoa Jars.
- E: Books & Media: Blank Books; This American Life CDs [Ed. note: Good suggestion, but please purchase episodes from TAL's website instead. Public radio's underfunded as it is, and archived shows are only $0.95 to download ($13 for CDs, pictured).]; Mix CDs. We've also made an Amazon DIY mini-guide.
- F: Gifts for DIYers: Silkscreen Workshop DVD; ReadyMade Subscription (pictured); Dove Blender Pen; Coccoina Paste.
The current issue of ReadyMade also has 30 ideas for handmade gifts. Do you know of other great projects/products? Tell us about them below!